Your wedding will be one of the most exciting days of your life and possibly the biggest and most important event you ever planned. There are so many details to take care of; from the first engagement party to the last dance at the reception. It’s important to organize with the line of duty.
1. Select a date. Be sure to consider weather conditions, public holidays, and any prior commitments you or your main guest may have.
2. Set a realistic budget and stick to it. Today, the average wedding cost in the United States is nearly $30,000. You can pay more or less, but in either case, it’s important to keep costs under control.
3. Find locations for ceremonies and receptions. Your choice can be based on ambiance, comfort, or sentimental reasons. Note that popular spots can be booked months in advance.
4. Tell friends and family that you have decided to attend your wedding reception. Remember that serving as a bridesmaid or groomsman takes a lot of time and money, so be careful.
5. Buy a dress. Explore your options, but don’t overwhelm yourself with dissenting opinions. Stay true to your taste and follow your instincts.
6. Don’t forget your husband’s tuxedo!
7. Contact local vendors for details such as flowers, live music, disc jockeys, table settings, linens, centerpieces, lighting, programs, appetizers, cocktails, dinner menus, hair and makeup, jewelry, wedding cakes, guest gifts, Ceremony arrangements for officials, photographers and videographers.
8. Select Ring. You’ll be wearing it for the rest of your life, so make sure it’s comfortable.
9. Create a guest list. Send an appointment card four months before the wedding and a formal invitation two months after.
10. Plan your honeymoon. Many people choose tropical beach destinations, but you need to go to a place where you and your new partner can relax, have fun, and enjoy each other’s company.
If you don’t have unlimited time and money, you may need help planning your big day. Enlist the help of friends and family and take advantage of a database of online wedding services.
Whether you live in the North Pole or in Phoenix, Arizona, wedding professionals who specialize in your area can help you plan the unforgettable event you’ve always dreamed of.